Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The Technology department as a whole stretches across the UK, Romania and Singapore. Our technology drives our business and so our DBA team is of extreme importance to the success of our company and our clients. We are looking for a passionate, talented Senior MongoDB DBA to join our team.
Your mission will be:
As a DBA within Thomsons we are instrumental in delivering a world class data platform supporting our Darwin and Analytics platforms. MongoDB is a core component of our technology stack and critical to the uptime and performance of our applications. Your mission will be:
- Design, develop and maintain database infrastructure to support the live and internal environments
- Collaboration with DevOps and SRE (Site Reliability Engineers) to ensure optimal uptime, performance, scalability and deployments
- Investigate performance issues alongside Product Support through to resolution
- Work closely with Development / Architecture to ensure the collection / document design is optimal for the workload
- Provide mentoring to other members of the technology team
What skills and values you will bring:
- Solid commercial experience using MongoDB in a highly transactional platform
- Extensive understanding of querying MongoDB and Aggregation Framework
- Deep understanding of replicasets and sharding
- Understanding of MongoDB security
- Managing deployments through (on premise) Ops Manager, including backups
- A good understating of Linux (CentOS preferred)
- Experience of C# and .Net technologies
- Knowledge of relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server Experience with Townsend KMS is useful
- Ability to identify processes that can be automated and willingness to investigate/solve the challenge
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?