Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The Product Manager is responsible for the entire value chain of a product or service offering. The process includes working with clients and sales teams to validate insight, the building of a business case, managing and driving software or operational priorities, driving through all additional deliverables to make it a business success and working with the marketing team for launch.
Your mission will be:
- Lead projects/initiatives to meet agreed/desired goals/outcomes across Engineering, wider business, partners and clients
- Drawing up and executing against plans with appropriate stakeholders.
- Driving cross-functional teams to execute/implement plans and stakeholder communication/management on progress.
- Identifying and managing risk, noticing early signs of failure and responding decisively and proportionately.
- Identify new product and market opportunities for Thomsons including, but not limited to, opportunities with third party providers.
- Lead on significant product change projects and manage these across the business, partners and clients.
- Understand internal and client requirements for all products and services by working with sales, marketing, client projects, client services, and technology.
- Establish a product and service roadmap and align product direction with company priorities.
- Use Agile software methodologies to drive the definition and prioritisation of product requirements in light of business priorities, marketing requirements, and development resources. Build and maintain backlogs for software development teams to support these activities.
- Own the commercial relationship with any third party partners or providers, where appropriate.
- Ensure that products meet quality, cost, delivery, and feature requirements at introduction and throughout product lifecycle by constantly evaluating performance and adapting the product offering.
- Regularly work with the Engineering team through Agile software development methodologies for planning, requirements discussions and product development meetings.
- Interface regularly with the Operations teams and external partners (as needed) to define and deliver service enhancements and improvements which drive increased client satisfaction and profitability.
- Engage directly with clients and partners to manage input to and output of product changes
- Own the product launch strategy across the organization, including working with marketing, sales, and providers as appropriate.
- Be the most reliable source of product knowledge, providing a one-stop shop for users in both an internal as well as external facing capacity.
- Oversee the creation and updating of collateral, pre-sales material, product documentation, marketing initiatives and training activities.
- Increase product take-up, popularity and customer loyalty, increasing revenue as a result of product success.
- Working in and looking for improvements in our delivery methodologies.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Drive and determination, and the ability to work in a changing, fluid organization – be highly motivated, ambitious and a self-starter.
- Solid experience engaging and presenting to clients on a regular basis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Experience in working with Agile Software Delivery methodologies and with Software Engineering teams
- Ability to plan, organize and manage short and long-term projects.
- Good communication skills with a desire to work with teams across Thomsons, clients and partners.
- Good understanding of all disciplines in the wider technology team and sufficient understanding of technical language, that will help build strong relationships and partnerships across the team.
- Strong presentations skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Good stakeholder management, ability to present persuasively to Thomsons’ management team.
- Experience working with and presenting to senior management teams.
- Commercial outlook, understanding what makes profitable propositions.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience in B2B SaaS software product management or technology consulting.
- Knowledge of flexible benefits or HCM software platforms
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?